Friday, December 24, 2010

Plum Perfect Friday - Thrifty Gift Refinishing!



Whew! Well it's Christmas Eve and I've got my last minute gifts completed...Remember this headboard that I got my hands on for $5? It became a perfect Christmas present for one of my triplets' bedrooms!

Before.

Don't 'cha just love how it turned out?


It totally compliments the rest of her decor.













She's gonna be so surprised! I can't wait until she gets home and sees it all set up (I didn't think it would be to smart to put this under the tree)!


This was another fabulous $5 find for my 11-year old who likes to have tea parties. It was definitely in need of some TLC...it's not easy to see but, the chair seats were in pretty rough condition as was the table top.

I sanded and repainted the top and recovered the chairs, adding some little bows to the back.

How adorable is this now?


I made some napkins, placemats and added the same fabric to the window treatment.

Then I purchased a round table cloth, just in case she feels like getting really fancy...

How fun! I think I may be more enthusiastic than they may be, but that's the trouble of being a parent~

Hope your holidays are fabulous and that all your dreams and wishes come true! If you get a chance, post some of your thrifty gifts, I won't be posting at all next week, so that will give you some extra time.

Here's wishing you a "plum perfect" Christmas!










3 comments:

Kendra Morris said...

I LOVE what you did with the bed! The room looks really cute! I love it. You have such a good eye!

Unknown said...

Thanks, so much, Kendra!!!!

Something Special said...

Hey Margaret, I don't know how I missed this one. The room and table makeover are wonderful!