Monday, January 3, 2011

Rusty Rave Monday - For Edie: A Friend I've Never Met

Last week I stumbled upon a Blog called "Life In Grace". Another blog that I follow, (The Nesting Place) had posted a story about a fellow blogger who's family had experienced a house fire, and lost everything right before Christmas! This is how I heard of Edie's heartbreaking and tragic story...yet, what I have actually drawn from this tale is not gloomy or pessimistic...I have read of Edie's immense faith and optimism, and am truly better for knowing her story and have genuinely been inspired to improve my attitude toward my own tribulations and adversity.

We all have trials in our lives, no one is exempt or immune. Sometimes we feel that ours couldn't be any worse, or that they are never ending. I regularly have had my own pity parties within my private thoughts, then, put on a "brave" face outwardly so that I appear to be "positive and happy"! I am drawing closer to the realization that this is the challenge...this is what we are supposed to learn through our struggles...to be of good cheer, (sincerely) despite our pain! My new friend, Edie is carrying this out, and is an AMAZING example to us all!

Yesterday at church we were shown the following short video:



The thought at the end was what hit me the hardest:

"When you are compelled to give up something or when things that are dear to you are withdrawn from you, know that this is your lesson to be learned right now. But know also that, as you are learning this lesson, God wants to give you something better." --Enzio Busche

I wanted to share this with you because my new cyber friend, Edie, and this remarkable advice may have just changed my life forever! I hope it inspires and encourages you as it does me.

This post has been added to the Life in Grace Blog through a Linky Party, so I won't be having one here today. Stop on over and send some nurturing and love Edie's way.
Ooops, oh and by the way, Happy New Year and Happy Birthday wishes to Edie, as well...




3 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I found the blog at the same time and have read the entire blog...What a lady...

Love your blog

Unknown said...

That is some sound advise! Thanks for sharing. Love your blog! :)

~Liz

P.S. I added your button to my list as well and I am following now too. :) Happy new Year!

Something Special said...

Very profound and beautiful post Maggie. I sure do love and appreciate the things I learn from you!